OCRA Full Day Camp
Our full day weekly camp programs will begin on April 12th for the April break and for the summer will begin on June 28th (subject to school cancelations, this camp may start earlier if another lock down happens, we are closely monitoring this and if home school becomes a thing, we will be offering 3hr camps in the AM and PM, so your child can still get some exercise) and will be offered till Sept 3rd. At this time full-day camp will be offered to children who are between ages 7-13 years old. To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title being “Register my kid for camp!" in the title, please indicate your child’s name. A staff member will contact you to complete your registration.
How will it work?
We have divided our 6,000sqf gym into two gyms, Gym A, and Gym B. We will be offering two groups, Gym A will have 10 kids, and Gym B will have 10 kids, our goal is to keep the two groups separated during the day. When it’s time to switch sides, this is when we have a water or snack break and our staff disinfect and clean the entire gym. The goal of our camp is to offer kids a safe and clean facility so kids can escape from home for a day where they can run, jump, climb and swing on our indoor obstacle course. We will be following all necessary local and provincial guidelines for Day Camps, including a total of no more than 20 kids, and with total capacity of no more than 50 people in the gym including staff.
Drop off and Pick up locations:
- Drop off/pick up, parents and children are to wait in their cars until a staff member directs them into the gym, where they will be screened with 4 questions:
- Have you or anyone in your household had the following symptoms over the last 24 hrs?
- Fever over 100.4
- Shortness of breath
- Have you or anyone in your family worked in close proximity with or on someone with confirmed Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- It is the responsibility of the parents to take each child's temperature before they arrive to camp.
- Managers will be present to supervise drop off and pick up and to help direct parents and campers
- Everyone will enter the same door and will use the Exit door on the other side of the building, both are facing East.
- Our staff will have a table set up outside for campers drop off. For pick up please enter the front of the building and we will notify your child that you are here and you both will leave via the Exit door beside the warped wall.
- Registration will be available online only. Please ensure you have a complete and accurate family account. To register please fill out a waiver filled out on our website https://www.ocracademy.ca/waiver
Health & Safety:
- Campers and staff will be screened prior to arriving on site.
- Those who have indicated that they or a member of the same household has travelled outside the country in the past 14 days will not be permitted into the program.
- Campers or staff who are exhibiting symptoms of illness may not be permitted into the facility. Those who exhibit signs or symptoms of illness during the program will be isolated from the group and sent home immediately. Others in the group will be notified immediately.
- All participants must meet the minimum age requirement of 7 years. We will accept those who are turning 7 during the summer months. Starrs Gymnastics in the same building has a great camp for kids 6 and younger.
What To Bring:
- Lunch (please make sure there are adequate snacks, with all the activity kids can get very hungry).
- 1-2 water bottles (we can refill here if needed)
- Change of clothing. Sweat/mess will happen, so we want to make sure your child is comfortable
- 2 clean masks.